Alright, I promised you in this segment that I was going to give you a real-life example of how we apply this two-part rule of discipline within an organizational context. Shortly after I took office as sheriff in Dorchester County, South Carolina in 1997, we had a challenge. We were trying to determine how to apply these character-based principles within our organization. We were challenged very early on with a circumstance that required us to apply this two-part rule of discipline. The rule states that the nature of the offense determines the range of options available, and the character of the offender determines which option to choose. In South Carolina, as the elected sheriff, I had a tremendous amount of power and administrative leave within the organization. The deputies serve at the pleasure of the sheriff, so I could theoretically hire and fire at will. As long as I didn't do it in a completely arbitrary or discriminatory manner, I could pretty well give someone their walking papers at any time. I had a very large range of options available, including termination, whenever there was a violation of policy within the organization. Now, let me explain the circumstances. I had two employees. One was a commander over a unit that had supervision oversight of the NCIC terminal. For those of you in law enforcement, you know what I'm talking about. The NCIC terminal is our computer network where we can access information on wanted persons and criminal histories. It's all regulated by the FBI, and there are federal laws that govern its use. Unauthorized access is strictly prohibited, and there are severe penalties, including criminal penalties, for misuse of the NCIC system. The other employee was a records clerk who had been a very faithful and trouble-free member of the organization for years....
Award-winning PDF software
Disciplinary action examples Form: What You Should Know
In our case, the discipline will be directed to the employee so that the employee is expected to be able to follow company policies and expectations.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Employee Disciplinary Action, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Employee Disciplinary Action online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Employee Disciplinary Action by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Employee Disciplinary Action from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.